It is necessary to know how to shop smart. There’s the stuff you need and there’s the stuff you want. Put your credit card back in its holster and use these tips on your next shopping trips to keep more cash in your pocket.
1. Make a Shopping List. Before going to shopping, make a list of everything you plan to buy and follow the rule that you’re not allowed to buy anything if it’s not on your list. This will help keep your impulse shopping to a minimum.
2. Bring just the Cash You Need. You can’t spend money that you don’t have. Before going out, remember to put a small amount of cash in your wallet for all the purchasing you plan on doing. If the cash runs out, your shopping spree’s done for the day.
3. In terms of Clothes and Shoes, Just Buy the Basics. Before you consider buying a new clothing item or shoes, ask yourself how often you will wear it. Choose basic pieces that you can layer and accessorize to make them unique.
4. Don’t Shop When You’re Bored. If you are bored and looking for something to do, instead of running to the shopping center automatically, find inspiration from free things to do with your friends.
5. If You’re in Doubt, Leave the Store. If you’re on the fence about whether to buy something or not, what you should do is to put it down and leave the store. Then think clearly and if you really want it, you can go back and buy it. If not, you’ll be happy you saved your money.
6. Find Cheap Deals Online. If you look hard enough, you can find good shopping deals online. Checking your favorite brands’ sites frequently to get deals on by them.
7. Don’t Be Seduced by Sales. Don’t buy anything you don’t need just because it’s super cheap because there’s no use spending money on something you’ll never use.